Wednesday, May 25, 2011

County Line, Austin TX

Last night, 12 friends and I dined at County Line Bar-B-Q.

Yeah, County Line is a small chain restaurant. And yeah, it's a little cheesy.  But it has delicious marbled brisket, kickass potato salad and the one we went to sits on a lake! What is not to like? And with a large group to feed tonight, it's perfect for casual fun and gluttony.

Our whole table decides (or I decided :) ) on The Cadillac: all-you-can-eat beef ribs, lean brisket, marbled brisket, chicken, sausage, ham and baby backs along with bread, soda, beans, coleslaw and potato salad come with.  And ice cream!

This wheat bread is like candy. Smear some butter on it. If I had a choice for an addiction, this would be it.

I was surprised by how much flavor this potato salad had. Vinegary, salty, crunchy with celery, and flavored with dill. The tang was a good match for all the meat (scroll down).
I love this potato salad. Can't think of a better one I've had recently.

Now, for the main event. Texas is about beef BBQ and this place gives you that AND everything else.

Ham, Chicken and Baby Backs all served with tangy sauce.

When I have a choice, I go for the marbled brisket which is fatter and of course, tastier. Pile a little on the wheat bread and you are going to have a rodeo in your mouth. We got seconds of the beef ribs and the brisket. :)
Beef ribs on top; brisket underneath. A few sausage tossed about.  

I still had room for dessert. Yay! The ice cream was part of The Cadillac deal. I convinced my friend Virginia and myself NOT to order their famous cobbler!! The ice cream was fresh tasting and I was not surprised to hear it was made by the restaurant.  Not super creamy but again, fresh.
Homemade ice cream

I had an idea! How about a root beer float!
A root beer float!! Reminds me of childhood.

And on top of this meal, a new work friend gave me ride back to my hotel in his kickass, immaculate, newish Ferrari!! Vroom vroom!


No comments:

Post a Comment