Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Rudy's Country Store and BBQ

Texas = BBQ!  Tonight,  my friend Chris is visiting Austin on business. On our agenda ... Rudy's Country Store and BBQ.

This BBQ is part of a gas station.  The line is HUGE and as it turns out, there was a fundraiser for a sick teacher. So, we were eating meat for good cause.  :)


Soda or Beer while you wait in line! They also have some Mexican soda options.


 Sause and Sausy!


My friend Chris and I share 1/2 pound of smokey brisket, 1/2 rack of baby back ribs, cole slaw, cream corn, and banana pudding.  The cream corn was the best item of the night!! Slaw was refreshing. Sause was tangy.

Rudy's Cream Corn Recipe (now I wish I didn't eat so much of it.)
2 lb frozen corn
1 8oz. cream cheese
1/2 stick butter
1 tbsp. sugar
1/4 cup whipping cream
salt and pepper to taste
i put all of the ingredients listed and put in a crock pot and cook on medium till the cream cheese and butter are melted.



We ordered the Cutter's Choice which is between the extra lean and the "moist" (read fatty fat fat).  It was moist enough!  This was good but I liked County Line's extra marbled brisket more.


The best banana pudding I have ever had.  Large chunks of banana in cream and cold pudding.  And two crunchy Nilla wafers (which I looooove).  Winner!!

1 comment:

  1. Marbled (fatty) brisket. Yum. Creamed (fatty) corn. Yum. Banana cream (fatty) pudding (gelatinous). Yum. Ipso fatso, fat = yum. Undeniable. Side order of lard, anyone?

    ReplyDelete